samedi 29 janvier 2011

Christmas in Dakar

We went to Dakar for a little break over Christmas.

Views of the au berge (hostel) where we'll be spending Christmas, and actually all of our group monthly meetings are held here. All the staff have taken us under their wings!


Somebody got a package, and it's Christmas Eve's Eve!

Look what was in da package! A stocking!!! I wonder what's in it? Have to wait till Christmas!

The contents of my 2010 stocking: THE BEST PRESENT EVER: My family! And the latter picture is my I-Just-Woke-Up-It's-Christmas-In-Senegal-What? face...

We always have tangerines at home too, so I endeavored to find one... and persevered!


This is the MAGICAL bathroom in my hostel in Dakar for Christmas break where I discovered that I have access to a HOT SHOWER! (Normally I shower from a plastic bucket in a concrete hut...)


My Christmas-Day, top-bunk, college-essay work lair under the mosquito net at our au berge.
Bust. It. Out.

A stray dog chilling by the side of the street in Dakar.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire